Saturday, July 5, 2008

Waves of steel hurled metal at the sky.

Anyone reading this who knows me will probably think I've gone completely insane, but I have set a new goal for myself this week: I will get myself down to one tank of gas in my car per month. If you know me, you're probably familiar with my extremely pessimistic view of our world and where humanity is headed; this is important to me. I can't hold these beliefs and speak about them while contributing so unnecessarily to the problem. Right now I'm at about two fill ups per month, so it's going to be basically a 50% cut in how much driving I do.

For those keeping score at home, these are my current goals (at least I think this is all of them):

1. Use one tank of gas per month.
2. By the end of August, begin learning CSS.
3. This year, produce one work of art that is not theatre.
4. This fall, approach researchers at UT about Second Life project & begin designing within Second Life.
5. By the end of 2009, design one show in any state other than Texas or New Hampshire.
6. Get my weight down to 135 lbs.

I also need to learn how to knit and learn Spanish...actually Spanish is a priority but I just have not worked up the motivation to begin yet. Our trip to Costa Rica really opened my eyes at how necessary it is to know this language to travel.

And of course, all of these goals are working goals, meaning that I'm not magically going to suddenly start using only one tank of gas per month tomorrow and I'm not going to wake up tomorrow 15 lbs lighter and surviving on 1200 calories per day.
Post a Comment