Friday, July 11, 2008

What's in your day that no other day has seen before?

Last night I dreamt that Travis and I kayaked from Kirkenes to Svalbard. Hey, guess what - it was really cold. Crossing the ocean between the two was awful, and difficult, and miserable, and full of ice and all sorts of not fun weather, as well as polar bears and birds diving down at us. But the destination somehow made it worth it - Svalbard was not the cold and miserable place that the ocean between it and mainland Norway was, except for the fact that we dreaded leaving because we'd have to take that journey again.



I would bet you any amount of money that right now Travis is breaking out into a cold sweat at the thought of me dragging him off to Norway. It's the number one next place I want to go, and he knows I want to cruise the coast line up to Tromso or possibly Kirkenes on the Norwegian Coastal Voyage. And one of the concerns he has voiced about taking this trip is that being around me when I'm cold is decidedly not fun. If we were to, you know, KAYAK the coastline (especially in WINTER) I would probably say he's right and it would not be fun. But staying on a cruise ship probably wouldn't put us right in the middle of arctic weather as much. Plus, I'm smart enough to not want to go there in the wintertime, not this particular trip anyway.

And then I found this, which just sounds so cool. Sounds like my dream come true.
Post a Comment