I've never seen the light, but I sure have seen god.

OK. I have always had a bizarre love affair with Norway.

But seriously:

Telemegaphone Dale.

If that is not proof that the internet has officially broken art, I don't know what is. It's a 7 meter tall sculpture that sits on Bergskletten Mountain in Dale, Norway, and you can CALL IT ON YOUR TELEPHONE, and it will broadcast your voice over the fjord and nearby town.

So you may be asking, as Chris just did - W. T. F.? What on earth can you do with that?

What CAN'T you do with that? Bora Yoon gave the first ever Telemegaphone Concert at the opening ceremonies!

If I could I would call it right now and tell all of Norway how I've been in love with their country since I was 13.

But I can't, because they've closed it for deer hunting season.

Things like this continually blow my mind. I just discovered 253, a novel by Geoff Ryman, written in 1996. On the internet. Which reminds me of Heath Bunting's Kings X Net Art project from 1994. Why oh why was I not on the internet in 1994??

In 2001 I was part of Cloudmakers, a group of people much, much smarter than me who solved the first Alternate Reality Game. Today Travis sent me to what will probably be my newest addiction / obsession: The Superstruct Game.

The internet has given us the capability of creating art in ways we couldn't before, ways we really didn't conceive of, and every day that I discover something new that someone is creating online, I am truly excited for all the art that I have yet to see.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

How much does a heart attack cost? And what does that have to do with NEA cuts and iPhones?

The Problem With Sleep No More's Audience.

It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.