Monday, October 27, 2008

Five things.

1. I, like most people attempting to be creative, spend an inordinate amount of time and energy tearing myself to pieces. Last night a colleague of mine paid me one of the highest compliments I think I have ever been paid. And so I've been granted a one day vacation from making myself feel awful.

2. Regenerate is going to be really awesome (provided Renee and I can actually find the time to do all the constructing we need to do). There's also going to be an interactive web component to the installation, so you don't have to be in Austin to be able to participate. Since it probably hasn't been described before in this blog, the installation will be at the "triangle island" on the north side of the 1st street bridge on New Year's Eve. We will be hanging really beautiful twig mobiles from the trees on the "island," and adding butterflies cut out of corn husks to the mobiles. Each of the butterflies will have a prayer / positive thought / resolution about protecting our environment. Anyone is welcome to stop by to add a butterfly to the installation. And soon(ish) if you're outside of Austin we'll have a way for you to add your prayers to the piece. It would be pretty amazing if we could have participants from all over the world adding their voices to the Austin installation.

3. Ophelia is quickly moving forward into tech week. This week I finally get to see a run through and I'm really excited to see this show take shape.

4. Last week I started a new (day) job - I'm now an Information Analyst Trainee at UT Austin. Which means I get paid to learn how to code. It's like being paid to play computer games all day long. I've been frustrated but overall am having a really fun time. I think this job could really tie in with my artistic pursuits as well, so I'm going to see where this takes me.

5. Vote for Obama.
Post a Comment