Fusebox.

Right now the Fusebox Festival is going on here in Austin, one of my absolute favorite things about this town. Sunday night I saw a performance called Everytime I See Your Picture I Cry, by Daniel Barrow. Barrow sat with an overhead projector and a microphone, reading the entire story out loud while shifting and layering transparancies on an overhead projector so that they appeared animated. My jaw dropped the moment he started and I'm pretty sure it stayed that way the whole time. Stunning, stunning, stunning, and easily one of the best pieces of theatre I've ever seen. I am now trolling craigslist for overhead projectors and trying to convince Misha that we can totally use manual overhead projector animation on a project sometime soon.

This weekend I'll be seeing Cloud Eye Control's Under Polaris and every installation anyone will let me in to see for free.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How much does a heart attack cost? And what does that have to do with NEA cuts and iPhones?

The Problem With Sleep No More's Audience.

It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.