The Word for World is Forest.

Tonight I will be destroying (striking? taking down?) our first Forest. I'm actually feeling sad and mournful about it, which I think is part of the point, dealing with loss and destroying in a couple of hours what it took a month to create. I think that we had roughly 10-12 visits (and most visits included a second person) and the feedback we got from the project was so good.

It also constantly amazed me that people talked about their Forest visit like they were remembering childhood. I'm so grateful to have helped create something that inspired people to just play. The process of creating it was like play for me, too. Outside of this project I was dealing with stress, but it all went away when I was there and could lose myself in the world we were creating. That's not a feeling that I get with every project I take on.

Forest #2 is still looking for a home, after which the whole process will start again. If you know of any storage places in Austin willing to donate a climate-controlled space for a couple of months, let me know. Katie is busy saving pelicans affected by the oil spill but will be returning soon to Austin for a little bit. I'm trying to imagine driving a pelican to the vet. I'm trying not to read anything else about what's going on, because even typing that one sentence out made me tear up. Dear World. Deal with reality, or reality will deal with you. Love Megan.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How much does a heart attack cost? And what does that have to do with NEA cuts and iPhones?

The Problem With Sleep No More's Audience.

It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.