My Favorite Muffin Recipe

You're getting this post because I wanted to share with the internet a recipe I've been using since I was 13. These muffins were the very first thing I ever learned to cook in 7th grade Home Economics. I don't know that there has been a single Thanksgiving since where I didn't bake them - either with my family growing up, the San Francisco gang that would have Christmas together, or with Travis and our Austin friends. Very simple. Just about perfect.

Pumpkin Muffins


Ingredients

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mashed pumpkin (I use pie filling)
4 tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg, mix with milk, pumpkin, and butter. Mix dry ingredients separately, then add the wet ingredients. Drop batter into muffin cups by the 1/4-cup full. Bake in muffin pan for 18-20 minutes.


(I actually double this recipe every year, so I can't really say how many muffins this makes but doubling it will get you at least 12 muffins, definitely more but right now I'm not sure how much more. Also, when putting them in the oven I sprinkle turbinado sugar on top. Serve with soft butter, I prefer salted butter for this.)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How much does a heart attack cost? And what does that have to do with NEA cuts and iPhones?

The Problem With Sleep No More's Audience.

Dear Mr. Trump - A letter from the "real world"