Soundtracks

I'm in the middle of drafting the "Carousel" light plot right now, which means that "Chess" is playing. I have a real OCD, but I have THOUSANDS of Megan-invented OCDs as well. One is how I train my brain to work to a certain CD, artist, etc. I find certain pieces of music become associated with certain activities, and then generally just stick to that activity/music combination until it's hard-wired into my brain. For example:


DRAFTING: Can only be done listening to the Actor's Fund concert performance of "Chess." (Travis is not a fan.)

CODING: Can only be done to the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack. Yes, that means I listen to the entire soundtrack every day at work.

FOCUS: Can only be done to Ziggy Stardust.

FOREST-ING: This isn't really official, but in the 10 months I've been involved in the FORESTS-IN-STORAGE project, I've also fallen in love with Veda Hille, and have worked on the installations while listening to her music pretty much from the start.

WORKING OUT: This is a new one, we'll see if it sticks - I exercise frequently while listening to either The Gathering or a combination of The Gathering and other metal-like bands.

DRIVING: Not really specific, but usually one of the following:
- Veda Hille - either "Return to Kildeer" (a BRILLIANT album) or "This Riot Life"
- "Hadestown"
- Noe Venable, "The Summer Storm Journals" or "The World is Bound in Secret Knots"
- Poe, "Haunted" (possibly my favorite album ever, with the Noe and Veda Hille and also Terami Hirsch competing).


OK, back to drafting!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How much does a heart attack cost? And what does that have to do with NEA cuts and iPhones?

The Problem With Sleep No More's Audience.

Dear Mr. Trump - A letter from the "real world"