2011 has been a rough year. 2012 will be amazing. My New Year's Resolutions:
1. Meet financial goals for 2012 - I'm not going into the specifics here, but this will be my number one resolution for both 2012 and 2013, and it's pretty key in terms of moving several other things forward in my life.
2. More better self care - by the end of 2012 I would like to be able to run the Warrior Dash without dying 1/3 of the way in and also be at my goal weight. I'd like to look awesome in a bikini this summer. I want to sleep better, sleep more, when possible. I want to continue with kickboxing where I can and renew my Yoga Yoga membership once I have a job. I want to ride my bike often through the trails in the park down the street. I want to hike as much as possible.
3. Eat more vegetables - I want to discover new recipes, ways to involve veggies in my dinners without resorting to salads all the time.
4. Get out more - this year I will see an opera, see a ballet, go tubing, go camping, go hiking, see actual Austin live music, road trip to Marfa, swim at Barton Springs, shop at farmers markets, shop and eat more locally, see something at Fantastic Fest, dive head first into everything Fusebox, see more of the Alamo's original programming, appreciate everything that Austin has that I have tended to overlook in the last seven years.
5. Be more daring - pursue opportunities and experiences I want with at least the pretense of some fearlessness.
6. Read 30 books - I have a shelf full of unread books that I need to catch up on before I can buy any more!
7. Get Forest #3 and possibly Forest #4 up! Have the most creative year yet!
“And it came to me then. That we were wonderful traveling companions but in the end no more than lonely lumps of metal in their own sepa...
I have really and truly wrestled with writing this post. Two friends of mine in particular asked me to write it when I blew up at someone on...
On my recent trip to NYC I had my third visit to the McKittrick Hotel. Punchdrunk's "Sleep No More" is sacred ground to me, e...
Last night was my second trip to the McKittrick Hotel and "Sleep No More" (first trip described in brief here ). Living in Texas ...