I'm happy to say that for the first time in YEARS I actually managed to keep several of last year's resolutions. As a reward I'm making a few more for the upcoming year...
1. Make my yoga practice a more integral part of my life - 2013 will be a yoga-centered year. I'm setting an intention to work on learning bakasana this year. I'm going to be reading Stephen Cope's Yoga and the Quest for the True Self starting January 1. And my hope is that later this summer I'll be able to go on a weekend-long yoga retreat, something I have wanted to do for a decade now. In August I will be celebrating 12 years of yoga practice and in 2013 I'm going to work on recommitting to it, remembering why it has been so important to me and helping to further my self-discovery with it.
2. Meet financial goals for this year - something that I failed at last year. One year from today, I want to be in a better position than I am in now.
3. Pursue artistic opportunities and career advances that are right for me - there has been a lot of work this year on exactly what this means, and I feel that the direction I am moving in is the right one. This means taking on fulfilling theater work, expanding my work as an installation artist, and continuing to look for the right teaching position.
4. Write more - blog more - journal more - several things I have written on the internet this year have had encouraging responses, and I've returned to writing in my personal journal just for myself. +Travis Bedard bought me a new journal for Christmas so that will continue into next year. I've also decided that I want to try to write once a week for this blog, and have chosen to use the Oblique Strategies as a jumping off point for different posts. I've been keeping them in a box a good friend made for me, on a shelf above my desk, under my Sleep No More mask, for a long time now, waiting to figure out a use for them.
5. Continue the healthy lifestyle I worked so hard on in 2012 into the new year and follow through on my goals - it's been a great year for weight loss, training, and diet, helped a lot by the Get Fit program at UT and our CSA membership with Johnson's Backyard Garden. In 2013 I will continue on this path and keep working on what I've started.