Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

Travis and I have already announced this in a bunch of places, but this week it became officially official - this August we will be moving to St. Paul, MN where I have accepted a position teaching performance design at Macalester College!


I'm very excited for this job and for us to begin this new chapter in our lives (the cats aren't all that excited). But, there are many things that I will miss about Austin. This town has been my home for nearly 11 years. I don't know how we will go to normal movie theaters or where we will eat barbecue or Tex-Mex. Austin has changed so much in the time that we have been here, though, and lately I've been sounding like a Get-SXSW-Off-My-Lawn veteran Austinite.

It is our plan to continue the relationships we have in Austin and to come back as often as possible for creative work. It would be a dream come true to be able to call both cities our home bases (except live full time in the one where the cost of living isn't quadrupling every five minutes). Later this summer I'm sure I'll have plenty "Five Things I Will Miss About Austin" posts and am already coming up with my Austin Bucket List - things to do before we leave town. But, we have been here a long time, far longer than we were in San Francisco, and I am definitely ready for a new adventure.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How much does a heart attack cost? And what does that have to do with NEA cuts and iPhones?

The Problem With Sleep No More's Audience.

Dear Mr. Trump - A letter from the "real world"